We thought it might be useful to look back at a potted history of Dads Unlimited to see how far we’ve come and the key events.
- Nav launches a Facebook page to support Dads going through family separation.
- A couple of Dads got together to discuss the best way to tackle the mental health aspects of separation, supporting both parents to improve outcomes for the children and the parents, including focusing on the high levels of male suicide. From this group of dads, Dads Unlimited was born.
- 17 March 2017: Name, logo, and Facebook Page created.
- Ran our first Support Group Meeting at Ashford Volunteer Centre (self-funded).
- 25 September 2017: Dads Unlimited Registered as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) with the Charity Commission under registration number 1174832.
- Secured funding from the Office of the Kent Police and Crime Commissioner to run Support Group Meetings (SGMs) known as our Dads’ Cafes.
- The Lawson Trust via Kent Community Foundation funded a six-month research project and pilot co-parenting workshop as an early intervention programme to support separated families before they reach crisis.
- Secured funding from Kent County Council to deliver a Co-parenting Programme.
- Welcomed Alice to the Mentoring Team.
- Worked with Cafcass to develop their Family Forum.
- Finished the Co-parenting Programme in Ashford.
- Welcomed Zac to the Mentoring Team.
- Welcomed Anna to the Mentoring Team.
- Welcomed Emily to the Mentoring Team.
- Moved into our first offices in Ashford, Kent.
- Welcomed Gay to the Senior Management Team.
- Launched our DAVE Service – Domestic Abuse Victim Empowerment for men in Kent and Medway.
- Emily became Senior Mentor and Team Leader for the Mentoring Team.
- Welcomed Michelle to the Senior Management Team.
- Welcomed Helen to the Senior Management Team.
- Welcomed Aga to the Mentoring Team.
- Welcomed Sarah to the Mentoring Team.
- Welcomed Georgia to the Mentoring Team.
- March 2022: Launched our new website.
- March 2022: Dads Unlimited won a GSK Impact award.
- Welcomed Millie to the Community Outreach Team.
- 1 March 2023: The DAVE service expanded to support men across England and Wales due to the success of the service in Kent and Medway