We thought it might be useful to look back at a potted history of Dads Unlimited to see how far we’ve come and what the key events were.
- A couple of Dads got together to discuss the best way to tackle the mental health aspects of separation, supporting both parents to improve outcomes for the children and the parents, including a focus on the high levels of male suicide. From this group of dads, Dads Unlimited was born.
- 17 March 2017: Name, logo, and Facebook Page created
- 25 September 2017: Dads Unlimited Registered as a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) with the Charity Commission under registration number 1174832
- Secured funding from the Office of the Kent Police and Crime Commissioner to run Support Group Meetings (SGMs) which are known as our Dads’ Cafes.
- Secured funding from Kent County Council to deliver a Co-parenting Programme
- Welcomed Alice to the Mentoring Team
- Worked with Cafcass to develop their Family Forum
- Finished the Co-parenting Programme in Ashford
- Welcomed Zac to the Mentoring Team